Conference 2018 Abstract submission
AMS 2018 Conference - Abstract & Presentation Guidelines
Please submit your abstract as a Microsoft Word file to email@example.com by the 30th of May
To aid in file management please start all file names with the presentation type (presentation, speed talk or poster), the primary author's last name and initials, e.g., presentation_doej.doc, speedtalk_doej.doc or poster_smithp.doc. If you are submitting for one of the symposia, please indicate this in the title as well (e.g., Presentation_Symp_doej)
Abstracts will not be finally accepted and included in the conference programme until registration fees are received (registration opens shortly, in mid April)
Abstracts must be written in Arial and set out according to the following guidelines:
1. Title (12 point), CAPITAL letters and centred.
2. Authors (12 point), please indicate presenter in bold e.g., Smith1, Peter and Doe2, John
3. Addresses (10 point), if more than one address please use Arabic numerals as identifiers e.g., 1School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of New South Wales, New South Wales 2052, Australia. Please include the email address of the presenter and Twitter handle if you have one.
4. Text (12 point), body of text should address the following: context for the research, research aims, brief statement of materials and methods, results, and conclusions and significance.
5. Abstracts are to be a maximum of 200 words*.
6. Do not include references.
*If you are nominating for an award please also complete the separate relevant form(s).
You can download a PDF with these instructions here
Spoken papers As a general rule, only one spoken paper may be presented by each person (excluding keynote speakers). A second spoken paper may be acceptable subject to approval of the organizers if one of the papers is part of the symposium. Standard talks will be of 15 minutes duration (12 min talk, 3 min questions). Speed talks of 5 minutes duration (4 min talk, 1 min questions) and will be in groups at the end of each session.
Audio-visual facilities will include projection for PowerPoint presentations (Windows preferred, Mac available, USB possible).
Posters The space allotted for each poster is 120cm high by 90cm wide.
Enquiries: Please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org