President's Early Researcher Award
The President’s Early Researcher (Post-Doctoral) Award recognises excellence in research undertaken by a member of the Australian Mammal Society within 5 years of the awarding of their PhD.
- Only members of the Australian Mammal Society are eligible for the award.
- The award is made on the basis of significant research conducted during the post-doctoral period (not necessarily within a formal post-doctoral position) up to maximum of 5 years after being awarded a PhD.
- A further year is allowed (to the opening day of the conference) to make the submission.
- The awardee will be expected to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting and present a paper.
- A panel will be appointed by the President of the Society to assess applications.
- The award is made at the Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society.
- Calls for nominations for the award will be made at least 3 months prior to the Annual Scientific Meeting at which the application will be considered. These will be in the October Newsletter, the Conference Flyer and on the website.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the President’s Early Researcher Award application form and submit a summary of their work carried out in the five years following award of their PhD. The summary should include a list of publications.
To apply, please complete the President’s Early Researcher Award application form and submit it as well as a summary of the work carried out in the 5 years following the awarding of their PhD. The summary should include a list of relevant papers, reports, conference proceedings, other published documents, awards and so forth. Send the completed application and documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 9 May 2019
2019 Aaron Greenville
2013 Jane DeGabriel
2012 Vera Weisbecker
2007 Marrissa Parrott